In one of our recent posts, we talked about the different types of fitness and gym questionnaires to give your members. Because again- who better to ask than them? And believe it or not, that’s still true, even in the midst of a pandemic. We know members haven’t exactly been at your facilities but that doesn’t mean they don’t have things to say.
When COVID-19 first started, a lot of changes were rolled out in a short period of time. Everyone went from working out at the gym with friends to suddenly working out at home alone.
During this time, members have had ample time to think about what they miss most about the gym. While it’s fresh in their minds, ask them to put it to paper. Here are some ideas to get you started.
New Fitness Goals
It’s true most people join the gym with a certain goal in mind. Now that they’ve been home for a while, follow up with them on their goals.
- How do they feel about their goals now?
- Are they still working toward the same ones they were earlier on in the year?
- Do they have any new ones? If so, what are they?
Each gym will have to decide what to do about online classes once things get back to normal. Will they go away completely or can they somehow stay on and serve a purpose?
- Do members love or hate online classes?
- Are they easy to follow? Are they hard?
- Would they be interested in having access to one even after quarantine is over?
- Have they had any difficulty finding the proper tools and equipment at home?
- Did they order any new equipment they’d like to see at the gym when they get back?
Remember, pandemics and quarantines are new to everyone. No one knew what to expect going into all this. Ask your members what they have learned so far from their experience and what you could do to improve it.
- How do they stay motivated?
- Are your emails, texts, and videos helpful?
- What do they enjoy the most about them?
- What is the hardest part of being away from the gym?
- Is there a certain teacher or class that stands out from the rest right now? Who is it and why?
- Do they plan to come back to the gym? Why or why not?
Easing Back Into Things
This portion could be extra helpful in getting you and your members back into the swing of things once everything is back to normal. Ask them how you can help make them more comfortable when they return.
- Would they like to see you clean more?
- Would they like new class offerings?
- Do they need to take it slow to help rebuild muscle tone or endurance? Or are they ready to jump in?
These are just some questions to get you started on your survey. We know you will think of many more great ones to add. We wish you every success during these uncertain times. Our hope is you come back even greater and that maybe a survey like this can help you achieve your goals.